Friday, December 17, 2010

first blog entry

So here's my very first blog entry on my very first blog. If you're lucky enough to have stumbled upon my new and sparse blog, you get to find out why I chose the tittle unwritten.

Natasha Bedingfield's song, Unwritten, inspires me every time I hear it on the radio. I've been writing for about six years, and have been trying to master my craft before submitting to too many agents and editors. I'm not the most talented writer, but the stories burn inside of me, forcing their way out. So I write.

Recently I've been editing a specific story to death so I can send it out to agents. One agent recently told me she knows she'll kick herself for not taking my manuscript, but she wasn't "in love" with it like she thought she should be.

I sometimes fear the last year has been wasted editing a story nobody will ever want. But then I hear Unwritten, and feel that spark again. Like she says in the song, I'm "reaching for something in the distance, so close I can almost taste it," and I'm the only one who can write the words in my mind.

And if nobody wants it, at least I'm a better writer because of it.

The BEST is still unwritten :)



1 comment: