Monday, February 14, 2011

it’s all about the love

Since today is Valentines Day, I thought I’d share a few things I love about writing children’s fiction:

  • I love learning new facts with each story I write. It’s amazing how many interesting things there are to learn about out there in the world.
  • I love the local writers’ community. There might be a little competition, but overall we are thrilled to watch each other get published. And the published authors are generous mentors who aren’t afraid to take you under their wings and teach you how to fly.
  • It’s easy to make friends when you’re a writer. It’s a lonely job, sitting at the computer all day, but conferences bring us together, and the friendships made there will last for years to come.
  • I love the thrill of discovering a new story inside my head, then getting it on paper.
  • I love pushing myself to finish something even though it’s hard.
  • I love how much I learn about my own writing when I critique my writers’ group’s stories.
  • I love having a dream and believing it will come true someday.

Hope you have something creative in your life to love, too. Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment