Monday, August 15, 2011

the liebster award

(clears throat) I'm honored to receive the beloved Liebster Award. (wipe away tears) You like me...you really like me! I want to thank all the little people who got me to where I am today. First of all, I must thank Liesl from Writer Ropes and Hopes. (sniff) She's not really little, although she is petite. But she gave me the award. And of course, I need to thank my parents, without whom I wouldn't even be here at all. Thank you!

I'd like to pass this award on to five of my fabulous blogging friends:
1. Alyssa Ast at the Writer's Block. She always has great information about the business of writing.
2. Sarah at Explorations. I'm not sure how many followers she has, but she has an eloquent way of writing about writing. Plus, she's a world traveler and has some amazing experiences.
3. Kate at Weaving Colors. She's an up and coming star. Keep your eye on her, because she's a teenager who is farther along than most young writers!
4. Julie at What the Heck does an Illustrator Do?  I love picture books, and hope to publish a few some day. So I enjoy looking at Julie's blog and watching the business from a different perspective.
5. And last but not least, Elena at Storyfires. It never fails. She can always put a smile on my face. Her subtle sense of humor is exactly what I need to read sometimes. Plus, she likes to give away books. And I like books!

So, thank you again, and goodnight.




The Liebster Award is meant to connect us even more and spotlight new bloggers who, at the moment, have less than 200 followers. The rules are:

1.Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2.Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3.Post the award on your blog.
4.Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet – other writers.
5.And best of all – have fun and spread the karma!
 

4 comments:

  1. You're welcome! thanks for all the great information you share :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gaylene.
    The liebster award is cool! (And is kind of a German word.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome, Sarah. I love your blog, and always feel like I learn something when I read it!

    ReplyDelete