Thursday, September 15, 2011

I'm so versatile!

Kate at Weaving Colors presented me with The Versatile Blogger award. Thanks Kate! I guess I'm supposed to say 7 things about myself, and I assume it should be something different than my list in the "about me" section of my blog. (By the way, Kate's life was far more interesting, because I've never been to Africa or lost my swim shorts...)

1. My family used to go night skiing when I was in high school. I didn't go very often because I don't enjoy being cold. Somehow, my dad talked me into going with them one late afternoon. The snow was icy and I wasn't a very good skier. I started going too fast, and instead of making myself turn or fall like I was supposed to, I decided it would be okay to crash into the padded ski-lift posts. It hurt. And when I looked up, the people on the lift were bouncing up and down, staring at me. It was a great day.

2. I'm not a country girl (even though I occasionally listen to country music). I like the city. I like how everything is nearby, and there are always people around. Which is funny because I'm also a hermit and like to be alone. I guess I like to be alone with people around.

3. I love hiking, but I don't love being out in nature. I know. I'm a walking (or hiking--haha) contradiction. I always feel like I'm going to stumble onto a bear or rattle snake (or alligator, where I live now) around the next corner.

4. Sometimes I relate too much to Patricia Heaton's mom-characters (like in Everybody Loves Raymond, and The Middle. Except I have a fabulous mother-in-law, and an amazing husband, as opposed to her crazy in-laws and sort of dumb husbands).

5. My fingers are always wiggling, typing out whatever is going on in my mind. It's been that way since eighth grade when I took a keyboarding class.

6. I don't sew, but I'm fascinated by sewing blogs.

7. I'm a part-time vegetarian. But I also believe my family needs to eat meat occasionally. Moderation in All Things, and all those crazy health ideas.

So that's me :)
I want to pass this award on to my fabulous friend Jenilyn. Her blog always makes me smile!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I love sewing blogs too, although they always make me feel guilty because I don't so. Maybe I'll have to take it up sometime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't make me feel guilty, especially since fabric costs so much (It probably would if it was more economical). I just have to remind myself to not go out and buy all that cute fabric because the few times I've tried it haven't been pretty. I don't have patience for all those little details :)

    ReplyDelete