Friday, December 30, 2011

Highlights of 2011

My blog has only been alive and kicking for a year, but it's been quite the experience. I thought I'd share some of the highlights with you:

The most looked at post (apparently a lot of people around the world love the Yamada quote): she went out on a limb...

The post that had the most people emailing me thank you notes for: how to be a mom without misplacing yourself

The possible reason I started writing in the first place: a little story

The things I learned during my family's big move: ten fascinating facts about driving across america

The post about the biggest event in my life: from apprehension to awe: a birth story

The reason behind the title of my blog: first blog entry

The post that was passed around cyberspace the most: 8 uncomplicated steps to becoming utterly unforgettable

The thing I have to remind myself about when I'm trying to balance writing and being a mom: where did the years go?

The cool game I discovered, but have yet to play: confession...

It's been a great year, with thousands of people checking out these posts from all over the world. People stumbled onto my blog in varied and strange ways (including the search keyword plastic pacifiers, which I never discussed anywhere in this blog...), and I've made lots of new friends along the way.

Happy New Year, and thanks for sharing 2011 with me!