Monday, March 12, 2012

Gracias, Domo, and Merci, Merci à Vous!


The lovely Julie Daines bestowed the Kreativ Blogger award on me. Even though I don't always repost blogging awards, I couldn't resist this time. It's just so cute.

If you haven't seen Julie's blog, you should check it out. She gives out great writing tips with humor sprinkled in for good measure.

Now, I guess I'm supposed to tell you a few things you might not know about me. How about something different. Four truths and a lie. Then you can decide which one doesn't belong.

I didn't like chocolate until I was thirty. My dad bought me a fancy ice cream cake when I was little, and then worried that I wouldn't want to eat it, because it was chocolate.

I'm Trilingual. I speak French, Spanish, and Japanese with the greatest of ease. Pardon moi, je suis tellement drole. And also, nihongo wa dekimasen.

I didn't know how to make orange juice from concentrate until I was in college. I stood in my dorm kitchen and stared at the frozen tube, unsure what to do with it.

I'm a pisces, which means I am the most impressionable of all zodiac signs, and apparently I have a huge imagination.

I wasn't a Baby Person until I had one of my own. I was nine months pregnant when a woman asked me to hold her newborn for a minute. I kept it straight out at arms length, unsure what to do with it.

Figured it out?

Now I get to pass this fabulous award on to other Kreative blogs:

Geek Banter is great for anyone who is a geek-at-heart, or even a geek all around, like me!

Shar-ish has a way with words. Her thoughts are always so much more poetic than mine will ever be.

The Writer Coaster likely already has this award (she's just that cool), but I can't resist giving it to her. Her posts are so interesting.

Whirligig Daisy has a brilliant "unbucket list" series going on right now.

This last blog has nothing to do with stories or writing, but my sister-in-law at Crafty Crazy deserves a Kreative Blogger award because she can do things with her knitting needles that seem to defy logic. She's a magician, making a shirt where there was only yarn moments before.

Go check out those blogs!

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to guess the trilingual, mostly because if you add English into that mix, you have four languages. But I think you probably can speak at least some of all those languages, if not with the greatest of ease. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a winner!
      I speak a little of each language, but not enough to carry on any sort of conversation with anyone other than a two-year old...

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the award! I'm going to guess the pisces one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been a pisces my entire life, if you can believe it!

      Delete
  3. I really have no idea what to guess. You are very good at this game. The award looks awesome on your blog!

    ReplyDelete