Thursday, March 7, 2013
a tasty cheesy fries recipe with a side of lazy
Here's the recipe, it's pretty simple:
1. Open a bag of frozen french fries. Seasoned fries would make this meal even more gourmet.
2. Put tinfoil on a cookie sheet. This is so you don't have to do the dishes later. This should probably be step one, but I think it will still work as step two.
3. Spread frozen french fries all over tinfoil.
4. Pre-heat oven to whatever the fry bag says. This should probably be step one, too. But it will still work as step four. You'll just have to wait longer for dinner.
5. Stick them in the oven and wait for about 18 minutes, or until fries look done enough to eat.
6. Sprinkle cheese all over the fries. It probably doesn't matter what kind you use. Unless you really don't like Gorgonzola cheese. Then you probably shouldn't use it. Same with Muenster or Neufchatel because they just sound kooky.
7. Using a spatula, scoop some fries and melted cheese onto a paper plate This is so you don't have to do the dishes later.
8. Open a container of grocery store sushi. Place several on each plate.
9. Open a container of pre-cubed watermelon. This is so you don't have to cut an entire watermelon and then have to clean up that mess, too. Place several on each plate.
That's it! Now you have a meal that nobody in my family will complain about. Except my husband. So it was lucky he wasn't around for dinner tonight. Which was also the main reason my brain told me to try it.
The best part about this recipe is that you won't break a sweat doing it. Unless you are naturally sweaty. Then you might perspire. But that would just add a little bit of what we Southen' people call extra salt. And it's good for the soul.